Friday 16 March 2007

Funeral

Today was the funeral of Andrew's dad, Bertie, in Hastings. He had been ill for a number of years and his quality of life was not good, so in some ways its was a merciful release, though no less sad for Andrew. Only two weeks before he died we had a glass of wine with him and watched the Scotland-Wales rugby match together. He was unable to take in a great deal of the match itself, but was aware of the result.

Andrew had been brilliant at visiting Bertie every day, and I did my bit where I could. The funeral was a dignified one on a sunny day and it was a fitting send-off and celebration of the life of someone who achieved so much during that life. And someone was was very welcoming of me and interested in what I was doing. I will miss you, Bertie, and I remember you with much affection. Rest in Peace.

No comments: