Thursday 24 May 2007

Malaga Beach

The forecast was for a wet afternoon. Andrew had returned to the UK and I decided to catch some sun before the rain came. So off I went to the beach. It was early and the beach was almost deserted. There were a couple of people about 200 years apart, so I plonked myself between them, 100 yds from either. I'd get some peace and quiet I thought. Just as I was settling down, three large Spanish ladies came down to the beach and plonked themselves about 10 feet away form me - almost within touching distance. This despite the empty expanse of beach on either side of me. I have no idea why they decided to lie do close to me - it was slightly disconcerting. Reminiscent of a similar incident in Cairns many years ago. But anyway I got on with my sunbathing, including a couple of swims in the sea. The rain did not arrive and I stayed until about 4 pm, before I left to get ready to meet Brian and Geoffrey for dinner in Torremolinos.

We had an excellent meal at the Vesuvius Restaurant, including some fun banter with Jorge the waiter. It had been a good day.

No comments: