Friday 24 April 2015

Sin

Now that I have resurrected my blog, I ought to start posting again.     Not sure why, but I was reflecting today on sin.   And particularly to the way the Anglican Church deals with sin.  

I know a number of regular churchgoers who are capable of some unfriendly acts.   On a Sunday, they go to church, confess their sins (silently) and obtain full forgiveness.   From Monday to Saturday they can be selfish, unkind and dishonest, but the following Sunday they again confess their sins and obtain forgiveness.  And so the cycle goes on.

I do my best every day to be humanitarian, kind and helpful.   Sometimes, it is true, I fall short.    I have nowhere to go to get forgiveness.

Who is the better person?


1 comment:

Sabrina B said...

If you're doing what you feel you should then you don't need forgiveness. Falling short of being that kind, helpful humanitarian is the only reason you believe you need forgiveness, but in the end, you did what you were capable and as I see it, what is there to forgive? Forgiveness is for those who intentionally abstain from being the kind, helpful humanitarian.