Wednesday 5 May 2010

General Election (4)

I had a postal vote. And I voted for the Lib Dems in both the national and local election. Nothing has happened since I voted to make me doubtful about that vote. It was a positive vote made for positive reasons. The Lib Dems have a realistic plan for economic recovery, a strong team, a good leader and, above all, a vision for social justice which is stronger than that of the other two parties.

But I am worried. The latest polls are suggesting that the Tories might get an overall majority. And the Lib Dem vote is slipping. marginally but perceptively. I say to the British people, please do not be fooled by Cameron's false rhetoric. Please do not allow Chris Grayling, Liam Fox, Theresa May et al to taste government again. Please keep the momentum going for a fairer society.

A country should be judged by its treatment of its minorities. If the Tories win, then Britain will be a less comfortable country to live in for single parents, migrant workers, gays and lesbians and the very poor. Don't let that happen.

I have always liked watching election night on the television. I shall be glued to the television on Thursday night and into the early hours on Friday. But I am apprehensive about whether I shall enjoy the result.

Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Jae Kay said...

Agree with all your points completely. I am glad I voted Lib Dem, now just trepidatious about the outcome!