Thursday 4 June 2009

AGI GEOCOMMUNITY09

I have just come back from a very successful couple of days in Stratford upon Avon where we have been putting together the programme for the annual AGI Conference which will take place there in September.

It's been a bit like baking a cake. We had 120 ingredients in the form of submitted papers. We selected the best of these ingredients, decided on the order in which these should be used in the cake and on the layers of that cake. Then we looked at the overall look of the final product, akin to the icing on the cake. It looks good and will taste excellent. In other words we have a fantastic conference to look forward to.

I took some video shots but in the editing process I managed to inadvertently delete all the shots I took this morning of the River Avon and the swans. I am pissed off about that. In future I will save all clips before I try to edit them. So I am left with just a shell of the video of some of the moments during the process of discussing the content of the conference - and the food.

Here is a short extract.



4 comments:

Chris said...

Well done Alan, looks like a very slick operation and well organised set up you captured there :-)

Great to have a record of it.

The added sound track offers an improvement - especially over my bits!

Fraggle1001 said...

Looks much more professional now you've got rid of some of the muppets from last year! Good job.

I look forward to attending and enjoying the programme!

Anonymous said...

Yeah ... my paper "Muppet Treasure Island and Fraggle Rock NeoGeo Mashup" was sadly rejected. GONZO

Anonymous said...

Gonzo - you needed a more catchy title