Monday 1 January 2007

The Blog Begins

My first blog.
But not my first diary.
Nor even my first on-line diary.
I guess I kept a diary when I was a very young boy. You know the sort of thing - what the weather was like, what I did, the score for my soccer team, etc.
Then in about 1976 I started to keep a detailed diary. It was an introspective, frank account of how I was feeling, what I was doing - my life exposed. Except of course that it was exposed to no-one expect myself. And for years I kept this detailed diary each year and retained them all. They are currently in my garage. Who they are for I know not. But I do sometimes dig them out and remember.
In 1999 I set up my own website and started putting my diary entries on that website. But subtly the nature of the diary changed. People could now see it. Including those I was writing about. Especially my close friends and my partner at the time. So I ceased to be so open. That was no bad thing, perhaps. I also found that I was enthusiastic at the start of each year but the enthusiasm waned as the year went on. Also my limited knowledge of HTML remained limited. But the web moved on.
So here I am at the start of 2007 beginning a new chapter in my diaries. The weblog. I do not know how this will unfold. Will it be of interest to anyone apart from myself? Who knows. I will let it evolve in the way that feels right at the time.
Let the blog begin.

No comments: